John R. Schmitt, Jr, CTC
Working throughout my high school years, and summers, our agency became the top travel agency in Genesee County. My first familiarization (FAM) tour was to San Juan, Puerto Rico as a high school senior and I knew this would be my life-long career. After graduating from Carman High School, I attended Mott Community College with a concentration on marketing and accounting. Continuing my education specifically to the travel industry, I earned my designation as Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) in 1987, the highest designation for Travel Advisors.
Because my team and I firmly believe that travelers are best served personally, we have committed to our storefront locations; Frankenmuth, Grand Hill, Bay City and Grand Traverse Travel.
In addition to my career in travel, I have always believed in the importance of industry and community involvement.(read more...)
My involvement includes:
- Past Michigan Communications Council spokesperson for ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents)
- Northwest Airlines Travel Agency Advisory Board
- Winner of the IRIS Award/Delta Vacations which recognizes individuals for inspired business practices, resourceful and innovative ideas, and strategic thinking and planning.
- Producer and host of weekly travel ratio show aired on AM 1470 WFNT. The radio show reached the Flint metro market with guests from cruise lines, tour companies, tourist boards and airlines.
- TV-25 WEYI, weekly guest offering travel tips and trends.
- Past President Fenton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past President and member of the West Flint Optimists Club
- Past board member Fenton Downtown Development Authority
- Member of the Frankenmuth Noon Rotary Club
I enjoy speaking to many local businesses as well as Rotary, Kiwanis, Optimists, Lions and other civic and social organizations about topics, trends and how to get the most from travel planning and future trends. I have learned a great deal from community involvement and appreciate the relationships that have been developed over the past 40+ years in the travel business.
When I am not working, I value time with my wife and 5 daughters. We enjoy traveling throughout the beautiful state of Michigan as well as incredible destinations around the world.
We are also members at St. Lorenz Lutheran Church in Frankenmuth.
I am blessed to have developed a team of incredible Travel Advisors and Assistants who all have the same passion to help people explore the world as I do. We truly love the travel business and look forward to helping many individuals and families plan memorable vacations.